Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Mid-Winters Night Soiree- Absolutely Fabulous!

What an amazing party I attended last night! Right down the street, I might add. I actually walked down the street camera in hand in a little mini snowstorm. It was beautiful.
It was thrown by Julie and Bud as a fundraiser to support the Freeport Shakespeare Festival. Well, me being a photographer and living down the street from Julie, she asked me to photograph the party and blog it (or rather, I asked her if I could photograph it and blog it, or whatever), so I did.
It couldn't have been more perfect, the delicious hors d'oeuvres from Azure (so dang delicious), the smooth vodka Tempest drinks from Cold River Vodka were too good- too too too good. Really. The party was all put together by Jenifer and I wish to god I could remember her last name. But really really nice job! But most importantly Bud and Julie and all of the actors involved. Bud would blow the horn, literally he had a real horn in his hand and blew on it, very loudly :), and that would indicate that there was another performance to start in one of the many beautiful rooms in Julie and Buds house. So everyone would flow into a room and be entertained. I've never seen such a thing. What a fabulous idea. I bet they use to do this type of thing years ago. I might just look that up later.
So, yet again I am inspired here in Freeport Maine. So much to offer around every corner. I was amazed to watch people with such a passion about what they do. Everyone was laughing and talking and oohing and awing... The party was a huge success and I'm so so glad that I attended. Her are some photos of the night.
Enjoy




1 comment:

jg-c said...

Tiffany! You are a rock star for doing this. Thank you so much! xoxoxox Julie